Re: [opensuse] Philosophical question?
On 2018-06-15 23:53, Dave Howorth wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 21:16:09 +0200
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Liam Proven wrote:
Fedora's implementation, YUM and now DNF, is pretty smoooth -- but
the supplementary tooling, such as the graphical package manager,
are very poor indeed. Synaptic is still the best graphical package
manager I've seen on any OS of any form. YAST's inability to allow
the selection of multiple packages to remove drives me crazy.

That must be something specific to the Qt version - it certainly works
fine in ncurses. Maybe a bug, YaST has had a lot of work recently.

I don't understand Liam's comment at all. In Qt YaST I just bring up a
list of packages and right-click on the icons of each package, select
delete and move on to do the same with the next one. So what's the
issue?

Select a bunch of packages (not one), then right click on the list and
choose delete from the ensuing context menu.

As it is now we have to choose the action one by one. If one package
depends on another it bothers about deps broken, should I delete the
other one. If it waits to analyze the bunch later, it may be that I also
selected that other package for deletion as well.

example: Delete p.rpm. Yast complains that p-lang.rpm needs p.rpm, what
to do?

Instead, me selects both p and p-lang, then choose delete both in a
single operation.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.