Re: [opensuse] Philosophical question?
On 15/06/18 08:28 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
YAST's inability to allow the selection of
multiple packages to remove drives me crazy.

I wouldn't know.
I don't use Yast for package management, I use zypper and I can add, remove,
lock, unlock multiple packages at the CLI.

I look at the CLI package tools on the Debian, recall the ones I used on
Mandrake back when and MUCH prefer zypper!

I'm sure I must have used Yast for some things, but I'm not sure what.
Perhaps I'm confusing 'use' with 'experimenting to see what was there'.

"Synaptic' as a package manager?
Googling I see that it seems more capable than yast.
But is there a openSuse version?
I don't see one.
http://www.nongnu.org/synaptic/links.html