Re: [opensuse] Leap 15 and rhythmbox
On 2018-06-15 11:42, Felix Miata wrote:

Common, startx is deprecated since a decade perhaps. Has it uses, yes, but
running a desktop and modern apps is not one of them.

AFAIK, without startx I couldn't even do multiple Xorg instances using preset
exported user-specific XORGCONFIG configuration at session outset.

Yes, possibly.

However, I can start a second session (different user) from XFCE menu
just fine. I have not tried three in years.

But AFAIK startx does not support policykit and that is a problem. There
are daemons that are not started, things that fail.

don says he gets this error:

Unable to grab media player keys:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Dbus.Error.ServiceUnKnown: The name
org.gnome.SettingsDaemon was not provided by any .service files

rhythmbox is a gnome app, and gnome relies on having a proper display
manager doing certain jobs, and startx certainly doesn't do them out of
the box.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.