Re: [opensuse] Leap 15 and rhythmbox
On 2018-06-15 10:40, Felix Miata wrote:

Submitted, accepted, and update provided a week ago.

So, quick answer: no, you can not use it as display manager now in 15.0.
Use lightdm instead.

???

That was before the bugzilla results were known to me.

zypper in rhythmbox wants to install 46 new packages, so I'm not doing that,
but

$ WINDOWMANAGER=/usr/bin/fvwm2 startx

This will not work. 99% sure.

For one thing, "WINDOWMANAGER" is ignored on 15.0. For another, I doubt
that startx will work with his other problem (command barely maintained).

WFM in 15.0. In /etc/alternatives:

default-displaymanager -> /usr/lib/X11/displaymanagers/tdm
default-xsession.desktop -> /usr/share/xsessions/tde.desktop

Use the command line.

If the command does not list fvwm2 as a posibility, then it will not work.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.