Re: [opensuse] Philosophical question?
On 06/14/2018 08:47 PM, Stevens wrote:
David, one of these days I'm going to drive over and knock on your door and
buy the coffee (or beverage of your choice). You're only about 2 or 3 hours
from here (nw of Denton). Thanks for your insight. I seem to remember also
moving to opensuse when Mandrake died. Before that I had an AT&T unix pc. Glad
those days are gone.

Yep, spent plenty of time in that neck of the woods. (latest up there was a
case against the Wilson N. Jones hospital in Sherman) In my younger days had
more than a few at the Yellow Rose and whatever the other club was just east
of Lewisville on 121 (as well as the motocross trails at the bottom of the dam
over there on Fish Hatchery Road). Good old Texas Hwy. 24 (now US 380) was
nothing but a lonely 2-lane blacktop back then and there was nothing between
LBJ and Denton on 35 except the intersection

(I grew up in the space between Dallas and Plano.... when there was space
between Dallas and Plano, back when the toll-road stopped at LBJ -- and when
there were still drive-in theaters in both Richardson and Plano -- that's been
a while back....) My mom even taught at Lewisville High School for a number of
years.

When I left in '87, you could still get around up there without any traffic
and Denton was just a blip on 35 with NTSU (now with a name change to shake
the party-school rep, re-badged as UNT -- wooo)

Sad thing about that area is I don't even recognize it anymore. If somebody
told me growing up that all the farms and fields we hunted every day after
school would be nothing but another 40 miles of subdivision and urban sprawl
-- I would have told them they were crazy. But I digress...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.