Re: [opensuse] Philosophical question?
  • From: "Knurpht@openSUSE" <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 21:30:58 +0200
Op donderdag 14 juni 2018 20:11:45 CEST schreef Per Jessen:
Knurpht@openSUSE wrote:
Same here. Started with 5.4 in 1998, left Windows in 2001, tried other
distros, but always next to S.u.S.E./SuSE/openSUSE. It's simply home.

Yup. Of course, nostalgia is all very well :-) but, what is that makes
openSUSE a truly great product? (apart from the people)

I already gave five points apart from 'home' :),

YaST
KDE
ease of installation

For me, it's also that openSUSE is complete, including more exotic
stuff - root on NFS, iSCSI, FCoE, high-availability, firewall. I did
once try to get Ubuntu to boot from iSCSI or even just mount an iSCSI
drive, it was fun but exhausting. With openSUSE, overall, things just
work.
It does, Per. My #6 . IMHO absolutely reliable for production.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member