Re: [opensuse] Philosophical question?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 20:11:45 +0200
Knurpht@openSUSE wrote:

Same here. Started with 5.4 in 1998, left Windows in 2001, tried other
distros, but always next to S.u.S.E./SuSE/openSUSE. It's simply home.

Yup. Of course, nostalgia is all very well :-) but, what is that makes
openSUSE a truly great product? (apart from the people)

YaST
KDE
ease of installation

For me, it's also that openSUSE is complete, including more exotic
stuff - root on NFS, iSCSI, FCoE, high-availability, firewall. I did
once try to get Ubuntu to boot from iSCSI or even just mount an iSCSI
drive, it was fun but exhausting. With openSUSE, overall, things just
work.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.1°C)