Re: [opensuse] What Does "Active Contributor" Mean? (was: Mailinglist changes going forward)
On 2018-06-13 23:03, Christian Boltz wrote:

Regards,

Christian Boltz

PS: since you mentioned (in another mail) that you subscribed to this
mailinglist in 2003 - I can beat this by two years ;-) The list
archive says I joined the german mailinglist in 2001:
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-de/2001-08/author3.html

My personal archive says I first posted on 2003-01-02, had subscribed on
2002-05-30 but downloaded emails back to 2001-03-28.

But on the outgoing archive I see I posted to the Spanish mail list
2002-07-03, having offlist mails since 2002-01-02, so it is possible I
have lost entries in my archive.

I remember I got my first SuSE 5.3 with a magazine on the summer of
1998; soon I bought the official 6.2 which came with a wonderful book in
paper.

At those times I communicated with a slow modem on a shared phone line
that had to pay per minute; I used Fidonet for my questions. Internet
came later and using the same phone. It took me months to get a workable
graphical environment with at least similar resolution as I got on Windows.

The paper book which I read in full, and the SDB were my main
information sources, then Fidonet. I used Usenet, too, around 1999.
Discovering the mail lists came later. I lurked for sometime before
posting, trying to learn "manners". As I read a lot soon I could also
answer many of the questions if somebody has commented on that or
similar issue before, or if I had hit on it personally.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.