Re: [opensuse] Leap 15 and rhythmbox
On 2018-06-14 04:21, don fisher wrote:
On 06/09/2018 07:23 PM, don fisher wrote:
I am having troubles with rhythmbox. The application opens, and I can
select a track to play. But none of the buttons work. I receive an
error message:
Unable to grab media player keys:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Dbus.Error.ServiceUnKnown: The name
org.gnome.SettingsDaemon was not provided by any .service files

I do not have Gnome installed. And I do not know what this means.
Please help.
Don

I have tried many things suggested here, and spent much time with
google. The problem appears to be with Fvwm2. If login without fvwm
rhythmbox works. As soon as I launch fvwm it fails. One error message is:
(rhythmbox:27887): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Failed to send notification
(dancing_queen): GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:
The name org.freedesktop.Notifications was not provided by any .service
files

I looked on the web and found the comment "Notifications doesn't work on
Linux standalone window managers". Not sure if this is the problem, but
I think that Rhythmbox is trying to save the current track,
(dancing_queen) and fails. When I try to stop it there is no response.

And how are you starting fvwm?

Because if you do so directly without a login manager, using startx, for
instance, things can fail.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.