Re: [opensuse] Re: What Does "Active Contributor" Mean?
  • From: "Knurpht@openSUSE" <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 20:22:18 +0200
Op woensdag 13 juni 2018 20:09:21 CEST schreef Per Jessen:
Knurpht @ openSUSE wrote:
Op woensdag 13 juni 2018 18:14:47 CEST schreef Per Jessen:
Knurpht @ openSUSE wrote:
And what about me and the other forums team members that send
people over to bugzilla ? Incl. your own advice to people to do
so? How are we gonna count those ?

That can surely be pulled from bugzilla - number of reports by
account?

No, you cannot pull things from bugzilla that aren't registered there.

But - to write a report, you have to be registered? I must be missing
something.

I know that I've done so hundreds of times, yet these
bugs are not registerd on my name/account?

As they shouldn't be. Suggesting someone write a report is just
friendly advice, you don't get any points :-) The real effort is in
writing the report, doing the follow-up, providing diagnostics etc.

Yup, and we're actively helping people to discover whether they hit a
bug, and fiercely encouraging them to write a bugreport, even actively
help them to do so. And nobody can count that, without manually
analyzing forums threads.

Well, same here on the list.

Another thing: bugs/issues reported on github / progress.o.o are in
the equasion as well.

OK

Absolutely, they can't be difficult to count?

Per, please read the above. It's bloody difficult to count
contributions to bugreports made outside of bugzilla, unless f.e. the
forums team members would write some "We sent the user here" comments
to the bug involved.

At least for http://progress.o.o it's easy. I don't know about github,
but I imagine I can go and search for reports created by myself?

My point is that re. Active Contributors ( that's still what we're talking
about, aren't we? ) count bugzilla entries doesn't say anything. Then include
emails here, forums posts, submits on OBS, github etc. etc. Not to forget
attendances at events to man an openSUSE booth and so on.

The way I've always seen it is like this: If someone reports an issue on the
forums ( by experience my best example ) and another forums member helps them
submit a bugreport by the user, which leads to a fix, the other forums member
has contributed as much to the fix as the reporting one registered in
bugzilla as well as the devs/packagers involved.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member