[opensuse] openSUSE on 2 in 1 device
Hello,
as my old ASUS Transformer Android tablet is slowly decaying, I'm thinking
about its replacement. I'd prefer some "standard" device with x86_64
architecture which could serve as notebook and which would have detachable
keyboard to work as tablet for reading etc. I don't wont Android anymore.
So far I like
Lenovo Miix 320
https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/windows-tablets/miix-series/-Miix-320/p/88IPMX30837
HP X2 210 G2 https://store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/hp-x2-210--1
ASUS Transformer Mini T102HA
https://www.asus.com/2-in-1-PCs/ASUS-Transformer-Mini-T102HA/
Acer One 10 https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/acerone10
I'd prefer to buy it without Windows (impossible, I'm afraid) and use it only
with Linux, preferable with openSUSE TW.
Does anyone have some experience with this?
Would anyone recommend different comparable device (up to ~450 €)?
What are Your experiences with touch screen usability? I prefer KDE (Well,
will it run on 4 GB RAM?), but I don't mind some another (I just don't like
GNOME). I wonder how convenient is touchscreen on simple tasks like web
browsing, reading, etc. More specifically, how do applications like Firefox LO
Writer, Okular, etc. work on touchscreen?
Does screen rotation work well?
Last but not least, I'd prefer certain quality of construction - durability,
display quality, etc. I don't wish any plastic crap which would break up
easily. On the other hand, I don't care about sound or webcam.
V.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu