[opensuse] Leap 15 question #1
Hi Folks,

I've full-installed Leap 15 on a test box in preparation for rolling it out
to the users.  But I've discovered some changes from 42.x that I can't
figure out yet.  I'll ask the questions on at a time for the sake of simplicity.

Question #1:  how can I get kdm to run on startup rather than sddm?

I've installed kdm, and edited /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager:
DISPLAYMANAGER="kdm",
but sddm runs anyway.

I've been using kdm to remain compliant with local security policy. For
example, I
need a login screen that doesn't show other usernames or the user currently
logged in.

I also need to display a click-through warning banner before login. No click to
approve,
the login fails.  I've been doing this with zenity invoked from
/etc/X11/xdm/Xstartup.
But sddm doesn't call Xstartup, kdm does.

So I think I can restore our login security policy if I can get kdm to run.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lew