Re: [opensuse] Problem with system suddenly swapping with large amount of ram (seems a memory leak?)
  • From: "Knurpht @ openSUSE" <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 23:50:38 +0200
Op dinsdag 12 juni 2018 23:22:25 CEST schreef Patrick Shanahan:
* stakanov <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx> [06-12-18 16:21]:
[...]

I tried with akonadictl restart, or with akonadictl stop
I have narrowed down the problem to:
a) akonadi, that grows in size after time goes by (thus it seems to have a
leak?)

move and rebuild the akonadi database. it may be a squirrelly entry.

b) qtwebkit. Whenever the system behaves oddly then I found a zombi
process of qtwebkit for mercurio, and about 10 instances of qt webkit
running.
don't know what mecurio is but, replace or disable it until other problems
are solved. then run it with debug or trace.

c) when this happens (also without suspend to disc, it is sufficient to
have the system idle for some time) you have the wlan that ceases to
work. Oddly it says it is active and working but network does not seem to
resolve addresses. I will try now the work around to define a 8.8.8.8 as
obligatory dns in nw- manager. Maybe this can help with the last point.
Currently I am not positively impressed with the quality of this release,
I am honest.
If asked i would advice to stay with 42.3 currently as long as possible.

what are your network settings?
FWIW: I have moved from mariadb to postgresql about half a year ago and never
regretted doing so one single day. It requires libQt5Sql5-postgresql to be
installed and a change to akonadiserverrc, in my case
QPSQL]
Host=/tmp/akonadi-knurpht.RANDOM_STRING
InitDbPath=/usr/bin/initdb
Name=akonadi
Options=
ServerPath=/usr/bin/pg_ctl
StartServer=true

Searches are fast, the entire handling of > 200.000 emails as well.
--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member