[opensuse] Re: What Does "Active Contributor" Mean?
Felix Miata wrote:
Richard Brown composed on 2018-06-11 09:53 (UTC+0200):
With the exception of Per and Carlos, I can't easily name any of the
regular participants of this list as active contributors to the
project....

Selective recall perhaps? openSUSE mailing lists aren't the only evidence of
project contribution:

Reported by, bug date that is in state RESOLVED FIXED; oldest & B.O.O. # &
email; forums.opensuse.org sign-up date:

Christian Boltz: 2005-01-15 # 64869 suse-beta@ 2008-10-14
Per Jessen: 2005-09-04 #115227 per@ 2010-07-13
Me: 2006-01-04 #141443 mrmazda@ 2008-12-21
Carlos Robinson: 2006-04-26 #170000 carlos.e.r@ 2009-02-04
----
L A Walsh 2007-02-12 #244788 suse@t.l.o 2003-12-28 21:48:59 (-800):

To: suse-linux-e-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subscribe suse-linux-e

^^^ First involved w/suse before O.S. existed - subscription to email
list in 2003(Q4)...from my outgoing email Record

I think I had some bugs in the suse system, but dunno if I can even access it.

I didn't reproduce all the data from the lists, but did
preserve order of those w/higher numbers than me.

Reported bugs by, total:
Christian Boltz: 1145
Per Jessen: 451
Felix: 263
Carlos Robinson: 431
Richard Brown: 71
----
L A Walsh 53

Reported bugs by, which are in state RESOLVED FIXED:
Christian Boltz: 359
Per Jessen: 190
Felix: 125
Carlos Robinson: 165
Richard Brown: 44
Simon Lees: 23
L A Walsh 15

Reported bugs filed by, RESOLVED FIXED percentage:
Christian Boltz: 31.4%
Per Jessen: 42.1%
Carlos Robinson: 38.2%
Felix: 47.5%
Gertjan Lettink: 50.0%
Simon Lees: 63.9%
Richard Brown: 62.0%
Sarah Julia Kriesch: 44.0%
L A Walsh 28.3%

Reported bugs by, which are in state RESOLVED DUPLICATE:
Christian Boltz: 45
Per Jessen: 59
Felix: 19
Carlos Robinson: 50
LA Walsh: 5

Reported bugs filed by, RESOLVED DUPLICATE percentage:
Christian Boltz: 3.9%
Per Jessen: 13.1%
Felix: 7.2%
Carlos Robinson: 11.6%
Gertjan Lettink: 25.0%
Simon Lees: 5.6%
Richard Brown: 2.8%
Sarah Julia Kriesch: 5.6%
L A Walsh 9.4%

&& 20(38%) WONTFIX,
6(11.3%) INVALID,
1(1.8%) WORKFORME

Latest resolved-fixed: 2015-06-12
After that date, 1 is still open "In_Progress"
8 were closed as "RESOLVED:WONTFIX" w/1 in 2015, & 6 in 2018

As I mentioned...I did report bugs, but it became pointless as
I was told my use-cases were not supported.

I've been on the mailing lists for suse since 2003 and
using it since 2001 on my home server.