Re: [opensuse] Why does software.opensuse.org prompt for Distro Settings -- and then IGNORE them?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 11:35:08 +0200
David C. Rankin wrote:

On 06/11/2018 04:05 PM, John Andersen wrote:
Please file an issue here:
https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/issues/new
so now we are supposted to report bugs to github rather than
bugzilla.opensuse.org? am I confused or are you confused or do we
have an unannounced policy change or ....?

Well I was gob smacked when someone suggested posting transient
errors in the bug tracker (bugzilla.opensuse.org).

Wait... Are we doing another deal with Microsoft that nobody told me
about? For the past 18 years -- bringing a website or mailing list
issue to this list has been sufficient, and then Henne or somebody can
generally fix it.

Why is that no longer sufficient?

Things change - people leave for bigger and better things, others take
over. Henne used to look after the mailing lists, now I'm doing it.

For the openSUSE infrastructure, we are a team of volunteers, some
listen in here, but probably not everyone and not all the time.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.1°C)