Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0: updates missing from repository?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 07:47:31 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2018-06-11 22:52, Fraser_Bell wrote:
On 06/11/2018 12:24 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Fraser_Bell wrote:
However, in North America, that is a "faulty" method, IMHO.
Not sure if that can be addressed easily in Mirrorbrain.

Probably not, but it is also a matter of not enough mirrors.  Canada
has just three mirrors - in Toronto, Halifax and Winnipeg.

Yes, that is the true problem, here.

I cannot afford it, or I would provide one.

Now, this is a curious thing. My ISP gives me 300 Mb/s, and is going
to improve to 600. At this speed, it becomes possible for home users
to become mirrors - except that of course, they are dynamic IPs and
the ISP might not like it.

The dynamic IP could be taken of with dynamic DNS, and your mirror could
be given a reduced priority. OTOH, if you were to run a mirror in
Spain, it would be running red-hot very soon. (being the only one).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.6°C)