Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0: updates missing from repository?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 07:39:27 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Patrick posted a method I saw later, and which works now, whereas my
idea would need to be coded.

On the repo file, edit:

baseurl=http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/linux/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://distro.ibiblio.org/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://suse.mobile-central.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/

http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
type=rpm-md

ie, baseurl becomes a list of repos in preferred order. However, I
understand it goes to the next one only if the previous fails
completely - and an slow link is a working one.

So this feature would need another adjustment for minimal speed to
reject a repo.

Unless the current download code is able to download in parallel :-?

Yes, it normally does. A download is split into chunks, and these are
fetched from multiple mirrors. I don't know how that would work with
the setup you describe.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.6°C)