Re: [opensuse] Why does software.opensuse.org prompt for Distro Settings -- and then IGNORE them?

On 12/06/18 06:35, John Andersen wrote:
* agraul@xxxxxxxxxxxx <agraul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-11-18 14:30]:
Hi,

On 06/11/2018 08:12 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
I don't mind looking at all packages, but when I get an annoying setting
dialog prompting me to enter setting to limit the results -- I expect it to
work...

Please file an issue here:
https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/issues/new

so now we are supposted to report bugs to github rather than
bugzilla.opensuse.org? am I confused or are you confused or do we have an
unannounced policy change or ....?

Well I was gob smacked when someone suggested posting transient errors
in the bug tracker (bugzilla.opensuse.org).

Do we want to start cluttering up the bug tracker with boat loads of
issues related to the web site? Especially transient errors like
this one, not to mention spelling errors and translation issues?

Isn't bugzilla/github an example of all problems look like nails because
the only tool you have is a hammer?

Well is there an easier way to look up the responsible person and inform
them of an issue in a project covering over 10,000 packages along with
websites etc.

Signing up for an account to point out that the web page is bork
is asking a lot. Joining github to report that is over the top.

What happen to the webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx link that every other
website in the world is supposed to have?
Isn't that something of a **standard** ?

we have an admin _at_ o.o address for contacting webmasters (the heros
team) for reporting issues, but again they would have likely just
created the ticket on github. Seen as it was a source code issue not an
infra issue.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30