Re: [opensuse] Leap 15 and rhythmbox
* don fisher <hdf3@xxxxxxxxxxx> [06-10-18 21:30]:
[...]
I will withdraw further comments. Many of the items mentioned I have
solved correcting the conditions reported. I was just confused why
things that ran under 43.2 failed on 15.

for most people they do not fail, but you seem to have made many changes
and alterations and dubious installs and builds that your system is not a
"normal" or "usual" system any more. the posts you have made lately only
confirm this supposition.

for anything to succeed, it must begin with expected circumstances. and
that cannot be assumed for your system. so generalized statements that
things that ran under 43.2 fail on Leap 15 that you are making are severly
tainted and cannot be applied to most other people's systems.

but it is yours to do as you wish.

Thanks. I didn't make any system changes that I am aware of except for the addition of help files to libreoffice (another thread), and the protections under /run/user that I described earlier. I will proceed with debugging in the quiet.

Don