Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0: updates missing from repository?
On 06/10/2018 01:36 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
What I would like to see is an easy "simple click" method in Yast to
pick a closer mirror or an alternate mirror when the default chosen
mirror has a problem or is otherwise unsuitable.

A black/preferred list in YaST would work.
But if the decision is made by mirrorbrain and not by our computers, I
do not see how.

Slightly Off Topic:
Note that I did not include the entire quote, just the relevant part. Others reading this list might find that to be a useful trick, IMHO.

On Topic:

Thanks, Carlos, for hints.

I do think there is a way, though. An option in zypper and/or in Yast might be able to temporarily (or even permanantly) "hard-code" a preferred mirror in a User's repo list, or some such similar thing.

I will be exploring this in the future, see if I can create such a thing in the future as a member of the Yast Team.

I am not yet a member, that is a Future Goal. I am just learning it and doing some minor contributions at this time.

--
-Gerry Makaro
openSUSE Member