Re: [opensuse] Mailinglist changes going forward
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:11:22 +0200
On 11 June 2018 at 14:50, Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/06/18 03:53 AM, Richard Brown wrote:

And we can attempt doing so without directly impeding the separate,
unique community that has formed on this list.

Thank you for the longer meta-discussion, Richard.

I've chose that sentence to reply to of all you say because what I've seen in
this thread is often a response to the, possibly implied, possibly stated,
"threat" to shut down this list after opensuse-support@ becomes established.

If you can clarify and guarantee that shut down will not happen then a lot of
this discussion will go away as there is no basis for it.

I am in no position to give any such guarantees - for this list or any
other. The Board makes decisions. The Board consists of 5 other people
besides myself. I cannot speak to the will of my 5 current colleagues
nor any future colleagues the community elects in the coming years.

Therefore I will not promise that the Board in the future will not
consider or decide something in that future

I do promise that there has been no such decision regarding this list
to date, and as my long 'meta-discussion' post should indicate, I
would describe the current mood of the current Board being one that is
keen to explore options that should hopefully avoid the need for any
such decision in the future.