Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0: updates missing from repository?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:30:53 +0200
jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Le 10/06/2018 à 14:16, Per Jessen a écrit :

I doubt it, but it is open source software, you can have a look:

remember than from your local point of view, you may be very far from
what you think

your position, network wise, is not your own computer but your
provider one.

Yes, that is very true. It is not about geographical promixity, but
about network ditto.

An example:

I live near Toulouse, France. I have at less than miles away one of
the best linux french mirror (http://debian.univ-tlse2.fr/debian/).

That one isn't listed as an openSUSE mirror :-) In Toulouse we have
CICT, but it is inactive. For your address, the closest mirrors are
http://opensuse.mirrors.ovh.net and http://fr2.rpmfind.net/

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (21.7°C)