Re: [opensuse] /dev/devicemapper on leap 15
On 2018-06-10 21:13, Per Jessen wrote:
jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Le 10/06/2018 à 16:05, Andrei Borzenkov a écrit :

Clean installation on desktop with SATA controller suddenly ends up
with multipathing being active.

I don't even know what it is :-(

It's usually for storage area networks where a disk may be accessed via
multiple different paths, for redundancy. It has no place in a default
openSUSE install.

You mean a machine accessing a single machine via two different cables
and two chipsets? Also the hard disk has two sata ports?

Wow.

Makes a lot of sense, but I have not seen it. Not in my pay grade

What device does Linux see then, /dev/what?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.