Re: [opensuse] Problem with system suddenly swapping with large amount of ram (seems a memory leak?)
On June 8, 2018 6:54:55 AM PDT, stakanov <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In data venerdì 8 giugno 2018 15:51:54 CEST, Per Jessen ha scritto:
stakanov wrote:
Since the update to Leap 15, the longer my system runs, the more
memory it consumes. I tried to track this but I do not understand.
Following is the output of the terminal of meminfo and I join also
link with the output (snapshot) of top.

https://paste.opensuse.org/16233536

Just for comparison - my leap15 KDE desktop - not overly active,
browser, gimp, skanlite - runs 185 processes. 4G of memory of which
3.5G used. Yours is running more than twice the number processes.

Note that the system has 8 gb of RAM and should never swap.

With that workload, yeah, it might very well.

Seems to me you have a lot of akonadi stuff running?
akonadi went nuts over the update. I have only two users with kontact /

akonadi running that is mercurio and entropia, where entropia does imap
and
mailinglists and mercurio only email. No fancy stuff. Somewhere in the
update
something went not really as it should have? But it is definitively
some leak
as it grows endlessly if let alone in idle.

Maybe look into akonadictl restart or something.
Also Kontact is far far from ready for prime time in a production environment.