Re: [opensuse] Leap 15 and rhythmbox
* don fisher <hdf3@xxxxxxxxxxx> [06-09-18 22:32]:
On 06/09/2018 07:23 PM, don fisher wrote:
I am having troubles with rhythmbox. The application opens, and I can
select a track to play. But none of the buttons work. I receive an error
message:
Unable to grab media player keys:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Dbus.Error.ServiceUnKnown: The name
org.gnome.SettingsDaemon was not provided by any .service files

I do not have Gnome installed. And I do not know what this means. Please
help.
Don

I have a similar problem with digikam. Both applications appear to work
under root.

make a new user and try. if you succeed, then you have some configuration
settings in your <home>, probably under ~/.config/ causing you problems.
I would look for directories named rhyth* and digik*

There are no .config/ryth*. There are a couple of .config/digik* files.
Any idea what the above error means, concerning GDBusError. ? I tried the digikam --config /dev/null command you suggested, and it got confused trying to open some database.

Any idea what happen to gftp? If it is going to remain absent from the yum list, I will build my own. There is an experimental package for Leap 15 at the Search site. Just curious what the future might hold.

This Leap 15 upgrade has been hard for me. Many scripts and configuration files (e.g. fvwm2 and xosview) that operate under 42.3 fail under 15. Including the Opensuse upgrade disk, which failed because there were 1) too many entries in my grub2/devices file, 2) other experimental systems on disks that could not be loaded, 3) the omission in fstab of a mount command for for the .snapshots directory, and others. Appears a bit brittle.

Don