Re: [opensuse] Leap 15 and rhythmbox
* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-09-18 22:38]:
* don fisher <hdf3@xxxxxxxxxxx> [06-09-18 22:32]:
On 06/09/2018 07:23 PM, don fisher wrote:
I am having troubles with rhythmbox. The application opens, and I can
select a track to play. But none of the buttons work. I receive an error
message:
Unable to grab media player keys:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Dbus.Error.ServiceUnKnown: The name
org.gnome.SettingsDaemon was not provided by any .service files

I do not have Gnome installed. And I do not know what this means. Please
help.
Don

I have a similar problem with digikam. Both applications appear to work
under root.

make a new user and try. if you succeed, then you have some configuration
settings in your <home>, probably under ~/.config/ causing you problems.
I would look for directories named rhyth* and digik*

or as <you>, try
digikam --config /dev/null

if that works, you definitely have a configuration problem, but I don't
know enough about digikam to tell you where to look, and I know even less
about rhythmbox and have never used gnome, I prefer kde/plasma