Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0: updates missing from repository?
On 06/09/2018 07:40 AM, Per Jessen wrote:

mirrorbrain selects mirrors based on network proximity and mirror
priority. There is probably also some load-balancing factored in.

Hmmm.

Whatever algorithm it uses to determine that, then, is quite faulty.

In Canada, here, mirrorbrain pushes me to a Very Sluggish Mirror way across on the other side of the continent (I am in BC, it wants me to load from Far Eastern Canada) which seems to be additionally hampered by choked routing through Large Canadian Telcos and Cable Companies (in almost Monopolistic situations).

This, when simply due south in the U.S.A., only a relatively few kilometres away, is a very fast mirror.

I have to manually override mirrorbrain in order to download the DVD installers, and also manually override mirrorbrain in order to be able to run zypper up or zypper dup and have it conclude without crashing or without waiting a half a week for it to finish.

--
-Gerry Makaro
openSUSE Member