Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0: updates missing from repository?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2018 16:37:43 +0200
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-09-18 09:38]:
On 2018-06-09 05:40 AM, stakanov wrote:
Forgive me if this appears to be patronizing or "bike-shedding".
Not my intention.

No problem; others may find it useful.

I've never found any need to use one of the mirrors, the master
repositories on opensuse.org have always worked fine for me.

I had assumed that updates would be available there almost as soon as
they appear on the mailing list -- at least, that has always been my
experience thus far.

iiuc, you are almost *always* using a mirror rather than the *master*
repository. it just is not advertised.

Yes, that is Correct - although I though it was quite well known? see
https://mirrors.opensuse.org

In my spare time I look after the openSUSE mirror infrastructure, I just
added a mirror in Shanghai and updated our information on one in
Poland.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (26.2°C)