Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0: updates missing from repository?
iiuc, you are almost *always* using a mirror rather than the *master*
repository. it just is not advertised.

... And even so, the mirror you get may vary according to matters not under your
control.

I have a nominal 75Mb/s link. At times I can download from the repositories at
about 65MB/s, which, considering overheads, file access, process and network, I
consider very good. At other times I'm luck to get 2.5Mb/s

Sometimes I wonder id all those people thinking that setting up a CRON job for
4am aren't tripping up over each other and that about 7:30 while many are on the
way to work isn't a better time.

I wonder what the algorithm for selecting a mirror is?
It obviously isn't as simple as 'electronically nearest'/'fewest hops'.

Yes, Patrick the "almost *always* using a mirror" is correct.