Re: [opensuse] zypper dup very busy defragging btrfs, when there is nobtrfs partition...
On Saturday, 9 June 2018 22:36:06 ACST Anton Aylward wrote:
On 09/06/18 03:34 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
You would hope in the future as btrfs development settles down that the
needed bits can be incorporated in gparted and do away with external
dependencies (which would eliminate the dependency cruft for those who
don't use it),
I think you miss my point.
Having it built in to GParted means that if it is a FS that isn't in the set
of built-in you have to have an external module for it anyway, so why not
simplify and do the 'does one thing and only one thing' and make the
GParted a zero-knowledge and load-on-demand.

Precisely! The funny thing is, as far as I understand it GParted is a front-
end to parted, yet btrfsprogs is **not** a dependency for parted, only
Gparted.

Maybe I'll dump it and reinstall with --no-recommends and see what happens.

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx
CCNA #CSCO12880208