Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0: updates missing from repository?
In data sabato 9 giugno 2018 01:15:31 CEST, Darryl Gregorash ha scritto:
Just after 1700 UTC today, 15 updates for 15.0 were posted into the
updates mailing list. So far, 6 hours later, they have yet to appear on
the repository. Most of them are labelled "moderate", but a couple are
"important".
The first one is for google-compute-engine, the last for yast2-storage-ng
This is normal.
Consider that the mailing list is "at the source" that is, once done the envoy
the uploading has to finish, then this is seeded to the mirror servers.
Depending from what mirror server you use (or that the automatic opensuse
mechanism attributes to you), you may experience a more or less important
delay between announcement and availability.
If you wish to enhance this, you may (but of course with the drawback of
getting "dependent" on one mirror server), choose and alter manually to a
specific server with a good update policy.
You can choose them (for your specific location) when going to "leap" install,
then you see below the option "choose mirror"- you choose the one you like
most, you copy the address and cut the the part of the root (in order to get
to opensuse). I suppose you know perfectly how to do this and that I am going
to annoy you but for the sake of it:
e.g.
http://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/opensuse/distribution/leap/15.0/iso/openSUSE-Leap-15.0-DVD-x86_64.iso
So you cut out
"iso/openSUSE-Leap-15.0-DVD-x86_64.iso"
and are left with the link:
http://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/opensuse/distribution/leap/15.0/
If you want to give it a try, the main part of them supports https, so:
https://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/opensuse/distribution/leap/15.0/
(all this for my location. I expect you to have a totally other list for your
location).

Forgive me if this appears to be patronizing or "bike-shedding". Not my
intention.