Re: [opensuse] zypper dup very busy defragging btrfs, when there is nobtrfs partition...
On 08/06/18 10:53 AM, Richard Brown wrote:

If you removed all of them gparted would be rather useless..

You are being quite ridiculous, Richard.
That's like saying removing all the drivers under /lib/modules/*/kernel/fs

Quite obviously you would never do that.
You would install the toolkits that are relevant to the file systems that you do
use AND ONLY THOSE.

In fact that's what I do.
Very specifically that's what I do.

e2fsprogs-1.44.2-107.1.x86_64
package xfsprogs is not installed
jfsutils-1.1.15-27.1.x86_64
package hfsutils is not installed
package nilfs-utils is not installed
ntfsprogs-2017.3.23-53.1.x86_64
package btrfsprogs is not installed

I also have
reiserfs-3.6.27-59.1

And yes, I don't have GParted.
More inadequate design that would bring in more unnecessary bloat.

Why should I use GParted to shuffle partitions back and forth when I can use the
immensely more flexible and capable LVM?