[opensuse] keyboard layouts in vnc
Hello:

I frequently use different vnc programs:
for server I use x11vnc or vncserver of xorg-x11-Xvnc package.
I use either vncviewer-tigervnc or realvnc vnc clients.
I also use different keyboard layouts on the server and client machines,
usually default English layout and Hungarian layout with accented characters.
The desktops I use KDE3 and KDE4.

My question is how the keyboard schemes are defined/set in vnc
(server and client side) and how it is decided that a given pressed
character what character will be on the other side. It's seems to me
really messy. For example which one is important: the keyboard layout
on the client machine or the server machine? Is it affected by desktop
manager (KDE3/KDE4/GNOME), etc.

Thanks in advance,

Istvan