Re: [opensuse] Problem with system suddenly swapping with large amount of ram (seems a memory leak?)
On 8 June 2018 at 15:16, stakanov <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Since the update to Leap 15, the longer my system runs, the more memory it
consumes. I tried to track this but I do not understand.
Following is the output of the terminal of meminfo and I join also a link with
the output (snapshot) of top.

https://paste.opensuse.org/16233536

Note that the system has 8 gb of RAM and should never swap. Currently it does
swap until it blocks. If you restart the swap returns to normal..for some
time. Then, (seems related with the time that it runs therefore I thought of a
memory leak) it rebuilds up the swap demand.

3175 mercurio 20 0 10,122g 3,699g 4492 S 0,000 48,76 2:38.62 kontact

48.76% of your RAM being used by kontact

I'm pretty sure that's your leaking process