Re: [opensuse] Installer of Leap 15 and LVM: installer asks for formatting /home?
On 2018-06-06 19:48, stakanov wrote:
When running install on an existing system with an LVM (ext4), when asking to
departure from existing files systems and then saying "import" previous
install, I get the correct volumes (included LVM after having given the
password of course). But unlike previous versions of Leap, this one tries to
format /home??
Fortunately I saw it in the last moment. Have there been changes to the
encryption method used in Leap 15 for LVM (for which the installer deems
necessary to format my data?) or is this a bug in the installer of Leap 15?

I think this is a bug on the installer partitioner module. I tested the
Beta, perhaps 4 of them, but this part was not yet coded (the module has
been redone) and I could not test it at all. I heard one person say that
all his partitions were set to format, which would have destroyed data.
Me, none was going to be formatted ("/" should).

This, if confirmed, is serious, and needs a red warning in the release
notes.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.