Re: [opensuse] Adobe Reader no longer works - 15.0
Hi,

It is a 32 bit package, so also select to install the entire 32 bit
pattern in YaST. It still complains that acroreads needs but is nowhere
to be found ISO8859-1.so, but I have it installed already:

You have to install
glibc-locale-32bit
if there is no ISO8859-1.so, The dependencies are wrong, so it could not
selected automatically.

carlos@linux-phe7:~/Downloads> acroread Elec.pdf &
[1] 7474
carlos@linux-phe7:~/Downloads>
[1]+ Segmentation fault (core dumped) acroread Elec.pdf
carlos@linux-phe7:~/Downloads>

Yes, some libraries seem to be incompatible in Leap 15.0. Oddly enough,
acroread works in Tumbleweed out of the box.

Get the original reader from:
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/9.x/9.5.5/enu/

To get it working, you can copy all necessary libraries (it depends e.g.
of the gtk2-theme) from a Leap 42.3 installation or from SUSE repos to
/opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/

at least libxcb (.so file and symlink).

In my case with oxygen-gtk theme I need additional libraries:
libpcre
librsvg

If it is not working for you you can check the broken lib by editing the
shell script /opt/Adobe/Reader9/bin/acroread. In line 22 replace exec
with gdb, run acroread from the console and type run at the debugger prompt.

Joerg