Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0 woes -- fresh install
On 2018-06-04 03:31 PM, Knurpht @ openSUSE wrote:
On 2018-06-04 02:11 PM, Knurpht @ openSUSE wrote:
http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?
c=us&lang=en&prod=dcp7040_us_as&os=127&dlid=dlf006893_000&flang=4&type3=62
5"
OK, thanks. I'll give it a try -- probably not until tomorrow, though.
I'm thinking it's likely best to run it on a clean install (meaning
remove the driver rpms first, and maybe also unplug the printer cable)
so as to avoid creating any more issues.
That would be my strategy too.

(Should I start a new thread on this?)

I've run the script after deleting the rpms in Yast and disconnecting
the printer. Here are the outputs of lpstat as per your previous messages:

~ # lpstat -t
scheduler is running
no system default destination
device for DCP7040: usb:/dev/usb/lp0
DCP7040 accepting requests since Tue Jun  5 08:08:27 2018
printer DCP7040 is idle.  enabled since Tue Jun  5 08:08:27 2018

static24-72-0-229:~ # lpstat -W all
DCP7040-8               root             17408   Tue Jun  5 08:02:04 2018
static24-72-0-229:~ #

No significant differences from before, except now there is no system
default, and lpstat -W only shows one instance of the printer
(previously there were 3).

A test print from Yast went successfully to the print queue, but CUPS
(browser interface) showed that the job was waiting for the printer to
become available. I cancelled the print job, powered down the printer,
then after turning it back down, tried a job in CUPS. That too sat
waiting for the printer to become available.

dmesg output shows pretty much the same as my previous message.

The script seemed to run OK, except for one thing: at one point it asked
for a device URI. The default response was "yes", but with a
disconnected printer, how could there be a URI? Besides which, even if
the printer had been connected to the system, I have no idea what its
URI might be.