Re: [opensuse] Adobe Reader no longer works - 15.0 - alternatives.
  • From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 16:54:00 +0300
On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:39 PM, Carlos E. R.
On 2018-06-05 15:31, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:14 PM, Carlos E. R. <> wrote:

I talk about signing with an official certificate, not stamping the
document with an image. And when displaying such a signed document,
display the certificate authenticity trail. Nothing in Linux, AFAIK,
does that - except proprietary acroread, and it is ancient, so it can
not update its master certificates.

There is at least one free (IANAL) toolchain for manipulating PDF
(iText) and at least one standalone program using it for document
signing (jPdfSign). So if you really need it, you may consider this
route.

Thank you.

Libre Office can sign the PDF it generates, so there must be free and
open methods of doing it.

But still I know no method to verify the signatures in Linux. That's
what I need. Maybe there is a CLI method separate from readers.

I would expect that toolkit that supports signing also supports verification.