Re: [opensuse] Dell 1110 printer not working with 15.0
On 2018-06-05 04:09, James Knott wrote:
On 06/04/2018 09:39 PM, John Andersen wrote:
On 06/04/2018 03:04 PM, James Knott wrote:
In Yast software management, the openprinting-splix the installed
version 2.0.0-2lsb3.2 is displayed in red, which I don't recall seeing
before.
Red means its installed, but it has no source from which to get this package.
Perhaps manually installed somewhere in the distant past perhaps?

Maybe install the splix package from opensuse repositories.

Version:
2.0.0.315-lp150.1.3
Provides:
cups-drivers-splix >= 2.0.0.315
splix = 2.0.0.315-lp150.1.3
splix(x86-64) = 2.0.0.315-lp150.1.3

BTW, I get openprinting-splix from here:
https://www.openprinting.org/driver/splix

If you download the rpm from "outside", the trick to have yast display
them in black, not red, is as follows:

Create a directory somewhere. For example {home}/Downloads/rpm_repo
Put your external rpms inside.
In YaST "Software Repositories" module add a repository that is a "local
directory".

From this point, YaST software manager and zypper will offer that new
repository as source and will consider updates from it, too. As the
packages come from an active repo, they will display in black.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.