Re: [opensuse] KGPG : Serious fault
On 2018-06-05 03:14, John Andersen wrote:
On 06/04/2018 02:11 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
No, it is indeed dangerous.

kgpg produced an error, saying "decryption failed", but left a decrypted
copy of the file in the directory. This is dangerous: the user thinks
his data is still kept secret, but it is not. It is open. A thief
stealing the disk would be able to read the secret file.

This is a kgpg bug.

Nobody is arguing that it isn't a bug.
The user asked for a decrypted file. The user got one.

Sending them to that monstrously large and bloated EMACs which
does NOT create a file (which is what the user asked for) is
counter productive.

Using a 16 Inch Naval Battleship Gun to swat a fly, and then MISSING the
target completely.

You don't like emacs? Me neither. Then find us some tool other that
deciphers a text file in *memory*.

I found none.

So, I swallow my dislike of emacs and use it.

The alternative is windows.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.