Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0 woes -- fresh install
On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 11:17:34 +0100
Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Knurpht @ openSUSE wrote:

and would someone please remind me how to get tab completion of
filenames at the command line?

Tab completion works fine on my openSUSE systems.

Semi OT, but there are some caveats. bash application dependent
autocomplete has its pitfalls. E.g., tar has one, that will
autocomplete only archives with known extentions. If you have an
archive without proper extention, TAB will not autocomplete it. You
get the impression there is no file starting with what you typed so
far.

Has annoyed me several times already :o

Yeah, I've been caught a few times like this. When did this start,
instead of just tab-completing with all and any available files? Is it
customisable?