Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0 woes -- fresh install
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 11:17:34 +0100
Knurpht @ openSUSE wrote:

and would someone please remind me how to get tab completion of
filenames at the command line?

Tab completion works fine on my openSUSE systems.

Semi OT, but there are some caveats. bash application dependent autocomplete
has its pitfalls. E.g., tar has one, that will autocomplete only archives
with known extentions. If you have an archive without proper extention, TAB
will not autocomplete it. You get the impression there is no file starting
with what you typed so far.

Has annoyed me several times already :o