Re: [opensuse] KGPG : Serious fault
On 04/06/18 06:04, John Andersen wrote:
On 06/03/2018 07:56 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 06/03/2018 03:50 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Well DUH!

/usrbin/pinrentry is a script.
Therein is code to detect what desktop you are using.
If it is looking for KDE4 and you are using KDE5 then you have a problem.
See line 47. Change that 4 to 5
I see XFCE is not listed, either. I see a pin-entry window when I type the
passphrase, but I didn't pay much attention. I'll see next time.

This can also byte you if you do a minimal X install and then install
Tbird/enigmail. In this case there is no pinentry dependency for
Tbird/enigmail and when you attempt to reply to a signed e-mail, you lock one
core at 100% - until you kill Tbird.

I have worked around it by just hunting down the right pinentry (generally
pinentry-gtk2), but this is a problem that should be fixed going forward. I
know it has been around since at least 13.1.

But can't we assume that some form of Pin Entry did appear, because the OP
stated that it did in fact decrypt the file, and showed it to be decrypted
in spite of the error message?

Are we not Up the wrong tree barking? (again).

 - me , OP : using XFCE on Tumbleweed :

 "Decryption : upon entering password , error message appears

 saying "Decryption failed" , but , there is a tiny box for "Details"
: upon opening details , full-page , there appears

entire file in Decrypted form in PLAIN TEXT !

This is alarming and dangerous ."

 thank you

     regards