Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0 woes -- fresh install
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 07:32:46 +0200
Darryl Gregorash wrote:

I'll try to be polite for this ;)

why do I have to run chrony? why can I not use a decent NTP client,
and be able to configure it in Yast?

You don't have to, just deselect chrony and select ntp, but you'll have
to configure your ntp manually. I don't know the reasoning for the
switch to Chrony. I'm also sticking to ntp.

why am I denied permission to run a shell script **even as the admin
user**?

You'll have to provide some more information. Where and how? Fyi, I
have no such problem.

what is ruby doing that is so important that it blocks me from
installing a rpm that I have downloaded (drivers for my printer)?
(popup appears yammering something about "system management")

YaST was rewritten in ruby, maybe that is what you're seeing.

and would someone please remind me how to get tab completion of
filenames at the command line?

Works fine here.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.1°C)