Re: [opensuse] KGPG : Serious fault
On 06/03/2018 03:50 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Well DUH!

/usrbin/pinrentry is a script.
Therein is code to detect what desktop you are using.
If it is looking for KDE4 and you are using KDE5 then you have a problem.
See line 47. Change that 4 to 5
I see XFCE is not listed, either. I see a pin-entry window when I type the
passphrase, but I didn't pay much attention. I'll see next time.

This can also byte you if you do a minimal X install and then install
Tbird/enigmail. In this case there is no pinentry dependency for
Tbird/enigmail and when you attempt to reply to a signed e-mail, you lock one
core at 100% - until you kill Tbird.

I have worked around it by just hunting down the right pinentry (generally
pinentry-gtk2), but this is a problem that should be fixed going forward. I
know it has been around since at least 13.1.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.