Re: [opensuse] Leap 15.0 woes -- fresh install
  • From: "Knurpht @ openSUSE" <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 03:06:03 +0200
Op maandag 4 juni 2018 02:40:13 CEST schreef Darryl Gregorash:
I'll try to be polite for this ;)

why do I have to run chrony? why can I not use a decent NTP client, and
be able to configure it in Yast?

Had no issues with the default proposals by the installer

why am I denied permission to run a shell script **even as the admin user**?

What is the exact output, and of which script?
what is ruby doing that is so important that it blocks me from
installing a rpm that I have downloaded (drivers for my printer)? (popup
appears yammering something about "system management")

How would anybody know if you don't provide us with error messages, which
printer driver, from where?

and would someone please remind me how to get tab completion of
filenames at the command line?

Tab completion works fine on my openSUSE systems.

You really have to provide more info, before any of us could reply with much
more than questions.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member