Re: How to contribute a "Start Here" on this topic? Re: [opensuse] Idiot Question about Btrfs
  • From: "Knurpht @ openSUSE" <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2018 23:46:59 +0200
Op zondag 3 juni 2018 22:07:21 CEST schreef James Bullock:
I'd be happy to take a shot at contributing a half page on the current fs
buffet in OpenSuSE (LEAP 15.0) Questions about the fs buffet in LEAP 15.0
keep coming up from computer literate users trying to use OpenSuSE, trying
to get oriented to what's going on with these components. It seems like a
findable, authoritative half-page orientation with some links would help
with that.

Could someone point me to the OpenSuSE guidelines for:

-- Where something like that might go
-- Contribution & acceptance protocol
-- Writing and style standards

Or where's the better place to ask this question?

In general, it seems like a bunch of half-page "start here"'s would help
people who don't wrangle OpenSuSE full time get oriented enough to use it.
Difficulty getting oriented sometimes stops people from using OpenSuSE, or
even "upgrading" when they'd like to (and probably should.)

I'd likely contribute one of these every couple months based on technical
topics I unwind for my own use, if I could figure out how to contribute
what I've gathered in solving my own problem.
Hi James,

The openSUSE Project strives to make contributing as easy as looking out of a
window. Create an account and you can start contributing to the wiki, build
packages in OBS, access the forums and so on. Thanks for offering,

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member