Re: [opensuse] how to enable display power saving on virtual consoles
On 06/03/2018 07:15 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Uh, it works on some machines, not all. I wonder if it might be
dependent on the graphics driver.

It shouldn't be, IIRC we are talking vesafb by default. Even when using one of
the extended resolutions for the console. I know the X side will depend on the
graphics card and EDID monitor info, but as long as the card does vesa, then
the console frame-buffer shouldn't care.

I'll have to think on how to confirm that.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.