Re: [opensuse] KGPG : Serious fault
On 02/06/18 17:45, John Andersen wrote:
On June 2, 2018 4:55:08 AM PDT, ellanios82 <ellanios82@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/06/18 14:48, Aaron Digulla wrote:
On 06/02/18 10:55, ellanios82 wrote:
 Unhappily the error persists :

Decryption : upon entering password , error message appears

  saying "Decryption failed" , but , there is a tiny box for
"Details"  : upon opening details , full-page , there appears

entire text file in Decrypted Plain Text
Try to open the (supposedly) "encrypted" file in a text editor. Maybe
it's really not encrypted at all.
 - thank you kindly : yes , had a look , is IS Encrypted

 regards

   ellan

Serious fault seems to boil down to an erroneous error message.

FTR I don't see this here. Encryption and decryption both work.

Some software has taken to throwing warnings when weak keys were used
(1024bits). My tests were run with much stronger keys. But I don't remember
seeing such warnings from kgpg.

- thank you kindly .

  - my key is , i believe , a strong one

Team-Spokesperson kindly suggested that 'zypper dup'

 might fix probs : will do my weekly zypper dup on Sunday  : keeping fingers crossed .

 regards

    ellan