Re: [opensuse] KGPG : Serious fault
On Sat, 02 Jun 2018 07:45:42 -0700
John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On June 2, 2018 4:55:08 AM PDT, ellanios82 <ellanios82@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On 02/06/18 14:48, Aaron Digulla wrote:
On 06/02/18 10:55, ellanios82 wrote:
 Unhappily the error persists :

Decryption : upon entering password , error message appears

  saying "Decryption failed" , but , there is a tiny box for
"Details"  : upon opening details , full-page , there appears

entire text file in Decrypted Plain Text
Try to open the (supposedly) "encrypted" file in a text editor.
Maybe
it's really not encrypted at all.

 - thank you kindly : yes , had a look , is IS Encrypted

 regards

   ellan

Serious fault seems to boil down to an erroneous error message.

Well it might be an erroneous error message, or it might be an
indication that the message might have been tampered with (was it MDC
or something missing?) Sorry I don't know enough to be sure.

FTR I don't see this here. Encryption and decryption both work.

Some software has taken to throwing warnings when weak keys were used
(1024bits). My tests were run with much stronger keys. But I don't
remember seeing such warnings from kgpg.